Thread: New beginning
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
stronger12879

Thanks for the hotline #, LexieCat. I did call Women Against Abuse Legal Center last week, and they were able to answer some my questions but not able to provide an advocate. They require clients to see them in person for an intake appointment before they will provide a court advocate, and because my court hearing was scheduled so soon they had no availability for intake appointments before my hearing...
The person who I spoke to just now from the hotline # you gave me has referred me to the National Clearinghouse for Defense of Battered Women (2153510010). I'm listing that # here just in case any women reading this post in Pennsylvania who may need such a resource can have that info.
On the bright side, my friend has confirmed that she can meet me tomorrow morning for coffee near the courthouse before my hearing. She can't stay with me at court because she is very busy working on her graduate thesis, a draft of which is due at the end of this week. However, I am very relieved and grateful that I will get to see at least one friend to offer support before I face my ex in court.