Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by markinsf View Post
Why? Is it tattooed on your forehead or something?
The thing to remember is to keep an open mind to all options available and use them as appropriate. It's no different than working in my workshop - I use the right tool for the right task. Some of them I'm very comfortable with and others not but it is still up to me to recognize and use them as needed and when needed.
Beautifully put Mark. This is the way I see it too.
I am me, just an alcoholic trying to stay sober and feel comfortable about it so I will use whatever tools are at my disposal.
Some people might say I am in denial and not embracing AA 100% and that I am a dry drunk who will pick up again and might die.
Others on the other side of the fence might say that I am a superstitious fool for believing in a power greater than myself and a member of a "cult"...
Well, that's their problem. I always tend to be suspicious of individuals who state that it's "their way or the highway".
I think there are many methods to quit and stay quit (my Godfather has not had a drink or a drug in over 3 decades and he is not in any program) . I am just grateful to have the tools of AVRT, AA and also SR.