View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lily1918

I personally do not like pot because it gives me what I call glimmers of halucinogens I have done in the past. I can say that I will not take halucinogens again because they really really really scared me.
I do not believe that "only smoking pot" equals recovery. In my life and experience, smoking pot has not led me back to "harder" drugs. However, it prevents me from living a sober lifestyle if that makes sense.
I commend you for having the boundary of no drugs. period. I choose to have the same. I do not believe that a person can be in recovery and smoke pot at the same time.
thank you for your post. Im sorry for your situation.
I admire you for sticking to your guns.

I had a very recent relapse on pot after an extended period of time of sobriety, and I do not want to ever go there again. I realize now that it is a real drug and it is psychologically addictive. I believe that its mainstream acceptance of being "just pot" makes it even more dangerous in different ways than the "more real" drugs. It is real. addiction to it is real. The danger of it is real. It devoured my teen years. I hope that people wiser than me come along soon to share thier perspectives, but this is mine as a person who has struggled with this fierce dragon that so many times successfully disguises itself as a harmless lizard. hugs to you and prayers too.