Thread: Quick Save
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 06:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Gypsygirlmom
Paused

JT,

I think you are doing a great job being true to yourself, and still loving your son. I love your "Can I get back to you"! I have been using " I can't give you an answer right now, I need to think about it" which has really helped with both A & daughter. It gives me that couple of moments, or however long I need to THINK, not just react. It has made such a huge difference in out household.

And "Putting you in a place that you are forced to say no" OMG, my daughter does that just constantly. I cringe when I see her coming! I swear I hide from her sometimes, because it will always be something, which will lead to confrontation.....

I think that as long as YOU feel comfortable about what your decision is to do, and not resentful or feel hurt or used or pushed into something, then it is ok. You are doing it because you want to. As we all know, they are the master manipulators. But it's our choice if we chose to do something or not. So instead of saying " I should, I have to, I need to.... I need to rephrase it in my mind and say "I choose to...." then it is ok, it is my choice.

Hang in there! Your HP is right at your side!