View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mistlechild

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
People tend to not like mirrors held up to them whether that is the intention or not.

Point is, don't worry about him right now. Worry about YOU. Get yourself straight and then, I promise and I am sure many other here will testify, facing what you have to face, whether you're an avoider or not, will be a hell of a lot easier.
Thanks, Ptcapote. I can see that he doesn't like this mirror being held up either and it's painful to see him struggling. I'm trying to focus on myself, but he's in contact and I don't want to cut it off because I worry about his safety. When he gets really upset, he tends to overreact. Still, I know that I have to work on myself first and foremost. It's a weird balance--trying to maintain my own sanity while trying to give him some perspective, too. I love him and worry that if he doesn't get help he'll be too far gone. He has one friend who really sticks by him when the going gets tough. He was the only one on his side who reached out to me to ask my opinion. Unfortunately, he tends to surround himself with yes-men, though. "Yes, she's overreacting." "Yes, you should have a drink."

I'm going to keep posting because it's helping me. You guys are amazing. Thank you.