Thread: Any advice?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by leighr View Post
I just want to scream -- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN LIFE!!!!
Then go right ahead. Seriously.

I found that screaming helped me release the pent up frustration. I also found that my children prefered that I do my screaming in my car, so I followed their recommendation.

It was a suggestion from a social worker that I find healthy ways to release my anger and frustration. It was also suggested that I teach these methods to my children as they also needed healthy tools to deal with their frustration over the changes in our family dynamic ~ and they would need these tools as adults.

Screaming was one suggestion; cursing, yelling, punching a pillow or hitting my bed with a pillow were other suggestions. The hitting of my bed and punching were uncomfortable for me, but using my voice worked. I could turn up the stereo and screaaaaaam! I could curse and yell all the things I knew wanted to say (but knew they would not benefit me or the person they were directed at). The goal of these exercises is to release the anger/frustration without causing harm to self or another.

The most harm I have had as a result was being hoarse at my Alanon meeting for having screamed in my car the entire drive to the meeting!

You have been separated for 9 months. Are you actively seeking a legal end to this relationship?