View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SomethingBetter

Update - 2 Years!

Hi guys, I haven’t created a new topic in a long while but still read every night, this forum is still a strong support source for me.

February 20th 2011 I quit drinking, and most days are so much better than before that day, some though are still hard, but there few and far between.

I’m not really sure why I decided to post this tonight, I guess I wanted to create a post to mark the 2 year anniversary, something to look back on I suppose.

In the beginning I hadn’t made any new friends but over time I have a few, funny thing is when they drink they might have 1 or 2, most times I wouldn’t even consider them drinkers, I never seen them drunk and often talk to them late at night and their never even tipsy. I don’t drink at all, 1 or 2 doesn’t even make since to me, so I don’t bother, nor does the amount I used to drink make since to them.

Having sober friends really does help keep me in check, when the days come that I think about drinking (and they do still come), I can be reminded that I never drank like a normal person, but what is normal anyway, is it normal that I don’t drink at all? It is for me…

Stay strong; don’t cave on the 2% of the time that’s crazy hard, because the other 98% is worth it!