Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Someguy23

So, an update.

I'm alright. Went to check my blood pressure and heart rate, they're both a bit high for me, but well within the normal range.

I've taken a 4hr walk downtown, walked slowly in order not to make my heart work overtime, and treated myself to some pizza. Thought I was flirting with disaster, but it stayed down. I've bought pretzels and diet sprite and intend to pamper myself today.

I'm actually feeling quite alright, not even hung over (I rarely have big hangovers).

Everything but my hoodie and a bit of my self-respect is where it should be. The hoodie is gone though I loved my hoodie.

I've poured the beers I had left in the fridge in the toilet and I'm officially back on the wagon.

Incidentally, anyone know how to clean Doritos-based vomit out of fabrics?

Originally Posted by hypochondriac
What's your aim now?
Never to lose another hoodie

Seriously though, the thought of giving up forever is still a bit daunting for me. I think one of the reasons I can't help but be a little ambivalent is that I don't drink this much every time I drink. If I drink 100 times, 99 times I won't get drunk and about 80 of those times I'll stop after a pint (of beer) and not want more...

But there is, always, the 100th time, isn't there? And when I screw up, I screw up big!