View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
minx

will he be ok away from AA for a week?

my husband has only recently recognised that he's a binge drinker and has only been going to AA for about 2 weeks. We go away shortly for a holiday /a therapy time for us to talk and to try and heal what happened recently, to a beautiful place, on a small island, with sunshine...and last time we were there the booze flowed...obviously this time, the booze will have to flow away...but Im worried if he will be ok with no meetings to go to there? He says he feels well equipped (from what he's learnt at AA) to survive with NO meetings to go to for a week and that he will be fine. But I worry...He has had longer periods of abstinence before, but in the past he may have had the strength to abstain because he's known he'll be able to have a drink at some point...He says he now has the 'tools' to deal with it and that he is even ok with me having the odd glass of wine if I wanted to. Can someone in recovery really be ok watching someone else enjoy a glass of wine? Can they really survive a week without a meeting when they've only just begun down this path? I appreciate you reading this and offering me any thoughts you have...thank you