View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dasiydoc

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
Do you find yourself making those excuses or explaining his moods/behavior?

The moodiness is normal, and it can be very frustrating to those her are around them. I'm glad you have your own place so that you can have space from that.
When he was using coke he actually seemed stable, and I never had to worry about his moods or behaviors. But since he is now trying to stop, he is more emotional. We work together and I did have someone ask me why he was in such a bad mood. I just told them that he wasnt feeling too good, he had a lot going on and wasnt sleeping well. All true.

My parents didnt ask me anything about him being sort of down. He seemed to be in a better mood once we got away from home, and I think skiing helped him. Exercise seems to help him in general.

Yes, I am lucky that I have my own place. I had it before we started dating. We do spend a lot of time together now however. Sometimes at my place, or at his. Lately he has been saying it helps him to get out of his house because it has memories of drugs. Well Im not sure what he can do about that. I did offer to redecorate for him. I could have a lot of fun with that... that made him laugh and smile really big.

I call (not to him, but to myself) his moods like extreme PMS. He cant help all of it I know, and it helps me understand a little of why he is on edge.