View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Crikey that was some reading

To me the 'see if' and 'you may want to try' talk is fairly new to me. When I joined - very recently - I was still greeted with so when are you going to a meeting? Everything else has failed only this will work... I paraphrase but there was certainly no - see if this works for you, perhaps try this... I remember having to explain that I was a single parent and couldn't get out in the evenings... blah blah thinking why should I have to explain myself?

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

Its when a poster speaks more to popularise the way and means they discovered their new life of sans-alcoholism, and less their own struggles and successes within their own experiences. When they generalize that since it worked with them, it can work as well with others, if others would only give it the proper effort. When they take others shares and reduce them to bite-sized out-of-context statements and then proceed to say that the posters' offerings fall short of the desired goals, expectations, requirements, what-have-you of a generalized solution requiring the validation of others.
Exactly this ^^^^ I posted my last thread about needing structure and making times in the day to do certain things, get out more and one of those things was not spend ALL my time on SR. I got told - so the only recovery method you have is SR and you're going to give less time to that too.

Sigh. I think my response was appropriate. That was a prime example though of my offerings, desired goals, requirements, whatever falling short.

As it is DD came out with chicken pox at the weekend, so bar the segway thingie all thoughts of normality went out of the window this week anyway lol bless her. She's fine and has been a trouper. This time next week Rodney