View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thanks guys.

I can "hear" the respectful disagreement in your posts. Nonetheless, I have mine own senses to be responsible too, same as you guys, and like I said, I have a different view.

As for pointing out a "snake-oil" post, this would be a problematic task, since folks are free to give opposing opinions of course, and the whole discussion goes south thereafter. I can though describe my meaning.

Its when a poster speaks more to popularise the way and means they discovered their new life of sans-alcoholism, and less their own struggles and successes within their own experiences. When they generalize that since it worked with them, it can work as well with others, if others would only give it the proper effort. When they take others shares and reduce them to bite-sized out-of-context statements and then proceed to say that the posters' offerings fall short of the desired goals, expectations, requirements, what-have-you of a generalized solution requiring the validation of others.

I'm the last one to care how I, or anybody quits alcohol and drugs, and gets on with their lives, so I'm rarely interested in sharing that this worked for me, so you try it too.

I'm more for relating my challenges, failures, and successes with others sharing theirs. Its how I can successfully do AVRT and AA even though the two 'experiences' are at serious odds with each other.

Does this help explain my meaning?