View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I still believe everyone speaks with the best of intentions...to connect with a fellow traveler who wishes to end their addiction.
I'm of a different view. I think it's unsophisticated, disingenuous, and naïve to generalize and think (everyone) addicts and alcoholics, or persons otherwise in deep pain and fear always speak with the best of intentions. It would be nice to think there are no under currents or back-channels, or cliques, or snake-oil sales, but that is simply not the case.

SR doesn't require people to check their humanity at the door. Its come as you are, just respect the rules is all that is asked of us. The world in here is moderated, and without that same moderation, this supportive, nourishing, friendly and loving SR world would not exist. This is such a wonderful place to be because of the expert understanding of the mods and admins.

They couldn't do it all on their own of course, and most times we all work together for the same cause of course. But not always. Sometimes people have agendas which conflict, and so things can get carnival and circus like for a time. The mods and admins sort it out and we support their honest work. Sometimes we even sort it out ourselves.

Do I think some individuals take advantage of members less able to articulate themselves for whatever reason?

Damn straight I do.