View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pattyj

Another question

I am really trying for recovery this time and I seem to have a lot of questions today. I will go to my first meeting tomorrow night but since you are all here, I wanted your opinion.

In a previous post, I said that my BF told his parents that I have a drinking problem. He and his dad had a long talk about their own drinking. Up until a week or so ago before my BF had surgery he was an every night drinker. He didn't drink to black out but he could hold 1/2 a fifth of vodka pretty will because his tolerance is so high. He has stopped drinking since the surgery because alcohol was making his stomach upset. I told him that I like when he is not drinking. He pays attention to what I say, he doesn't go drunk shopping on the internet, he doesn't pass out in the middle of a show, has lost weight, etc. I think that drinking every night is a problem. But he is determined that he doesn't have a problem.
His father also drinks every night. His father, B, does not think that he has a problem either. B drinks every single night. Not the the extent of blacking out but again he has quite a high tolerance.
My drinking was binge drinking and it got worse and worse and I understand that I'm an alcoholic. But isn't drinking every night, maybe taking a night or two off every month or so, a problem?