View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Sentso

Hey!

It's been a while!

I don't have much time, cause I'm going to Peru in a few hours for a month, but I wanted to give you some news and tell you I think about you all.

I just came back from a 10-day Vipassana class. It was the most intense, interesting and demanding experience of my life.
There's nothing abstract, mystical, philosophical about this technique. It is simply a technique, very precise, that you learn over 10 days (at least the basics), and that is all about observing your breath and your sensations in order to liberate yourself from certain patterns that you feel you can't control.
For me it was a huge shock. I had practised meditation before, but it always seemed a bit abstract. There it was very practical.

I thought a lot about you there. I think this technique can help a lot with addictions. And with life in general.
So I just wanted to tell you that it exists, it is called Vipassana, it is completely free (you give a donation if you want at the end) and there are centers all over the worlds, and I think in every state in the USA.
During those 10 days you're not allowed to speak or communicate by any means with the other students (you can talk to the manager or teacher if you need), you can't read, write, listen to music, sing, or do anything except meditate, eat, sleep and walk a little.
But after a couple days, I didn't miss anything.

Sorry to be so quick but I gotta go pack.

I hope you're all good. I think about you.

xx