View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
estone
Dancediva

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi everyone, day three here for me. Got through the worst of the come down. Feel weak still though and sleeping still a problem.

Went to see kids last night and it was great seeing them, my eldest needed medicine for temperature and it felt good to be there for her.

Put them to bed, and then watched tv waiting for ex-girlfriend to come home from day out with her mum- unfortunately i was right with my previous message. Her mum came home first blind drunk 2 hours later than arranged, verbally abusive, (she has had a drink problem all her life but doesnt admit to it). Luckily the kids were fast asleep and i didnt retaliate so it was just her slurring away, she was followed by ex who was also blind drunk and abusive. I told them both calmly that i am trying to get sober and basically dont want to get into an argument.

It was a horrible thing to endure and a bit of a reminder in a way that i was not the only side to blame for the break-up. Even if her drinking was mainly once a week, i cant ever remember her coming home not blind drunk. Can gain strength from that.

After the mother left, i realised that it wasnt wise to leave ex drunk with kids, so slept the night there freezing on the sofa. She was fine in the morning and i dont think she remembers the abuse, i didnt mention it, kissed the kids goodbye and have now come home still sober. Glad i can message here and get it out rather than get angry and drink.

Good luck and best wishes everyone.
So proud of you 1stepup! It takes a lot of strength to not react it that kind of situation. You did such a great job being there for your kids!