View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PattyS

Advise? Dear Friend Relapsing

Hello everyone. First off I want to say thank you to everyone on here. Sober Recovery has been a HUGE help for me while learning about and accepting myself as an alcoholic. I read on here every day, sometimes several times a day, and it helps me greatly. I have kept up on just about every post for at least the last 6 months and have been mostly sober the entire times with just a couple slips. Twice I have made it 2 months then had a little slip but quickly got back on my feet.
The reason I am posting today is because a very dear friend of mine is in the midst of a relapse, 3 days in. She has been a huge help to me also, even taking me to my first (and only) 10 AA meetings starting back in April of 2012. She has been very supportive of me seeking a life without alcohol. I am very worried about my friend because she has a couple duis, has been fired from her job and has attended a few outpatient programs and one inpatient. She had just shy of 15 months sober, and has been working at a new job for about 2 months now. But, she bought some beer so now its definately not looking good for her. I am worried that she is definately going to end up losing this new job that she has worked so hard this last year to get.
Anyways, I know there isn't really a whole lot that I can do, and I need to continue to focus on myself, but this is pretty upsetting for me. If this would have happened a month or two ago I am sure I would be drinking right now too. But I feel pretty strong in my own sobriety and really want to get some advise on how I can help her, if it's at all possible.
Thanks