View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Saskia

Rock, no matter where I am in my sobriety, I think it's always appropriate and joyful to celebrate successes and most especially the great folks who succeed. That doen't take anything away from people like me who struggle and I have never felt uncomfortable or resentful about it. I know I will get there.

My main nit with what OLL said was that quote from her in my last post about wanting a sacred space for only those who were sober for awhile. I personally think we lose some richness from the intermixing of people going through different experiences. I don't see this as the same issue as, for example, the difference between a newbie who has just started on SR and someone who has been here but may still be struggling some of the time. Certainly in my situation it looks like the issue is most likely nutritional (there is a whole bunch of info to support this that I won't discuss because there are too many people who would at the very least know my family). I'm betting that my sobriety will be rock solid within a few weeks. So should I be excluded from this "sacred space" because my body is missing a few critical nutrients?

I also understand why you needed to pull back for a time. We all have different needs at different times. Overall, I think that the SR thread system works well for most people most of the time. If threads are splintered too far, I don't believe they are likely to survive for long.

I have strong opinions and if i feel that isn't working here, then I will move on for my own emotional health. Like most people, it's important for me to feel valued.

I do, however, understand the issues