View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
HitRockBottom70

Yes I understood you OLL, I understood all are welcome whether they are on day 2 or day 280. The day 2s will be talking about being sober as a problem. The day 280s will be talking about life because that is where we are having issues. No one should feel bad about posting. I kinda felt bad about posting 9 month and 7 month congrats last night, but i let it go. We all are where we are and I accept that and will not let it stop me from celebrating milestones or from talking about non sobriety issues. I also understand the day 2s may feel very uncomfortable with this and I remind myself if they are, there is a February class availible to them.

For me, there was a time where there were too many slips that happened over a 24 hour period and I feared it would have a negative impact on my resolve. I really felt exposed and raw, like I would start thinking moderation is an option because others have drank and then were able to stop. I had to leave the thread for a while. This is life or death for me. As time went by, I got stonger and realized I have total control over this and was able to come back more solid.

I really think this thread is up to each of us individually. What we are willing to put in, and what benefit to our sobriety we gain from it. For me this is the best tool I have had to stay sober. It saved my life...You all saved my life. Ultimately I want to see everyone succeed.