View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Saskia

I think it goes without saying that anyone who has an issue to post about should feel free to do so, and that includes you, oLL. What got my dander up was when you quoted the wording from the February thread. I felt that you had clearly expressed your opinion and that seemed a lot like overkill to me.

I nearly didn't post about my last slip for the very reasons you noted. I privately discussed it with a member of our group who felt that everyone would be supportive. So somewhat against my better judgment, I did post. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't.

And, generally when people start off saying something like "This is going to be tricky to say the right way", it can be like waving a red flag in a bull's face. I'm not saying you meant it that way, just that for many, it can send hackles up before reading.

Personally, I don't believe that where we are in our growth is totally dependent on whether we have (or think we have) quit permanently. As I've discovered, as life progresses and none of us ever knows in advance if our life circumstances become such that we could pick up again. I tried some of the newer threads and they didn't fit for me at all.

Rest assured that I won't post about slips ever again.