Thread: pain
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by ouch59 View Post
How dou you cope with the never ending pain of addiction stealing your loved ones.
My exhusband is a drug addict and our son is also an addict (currently in recovery). How do I cope with the pain? I let go. I go to meetings (Nar-Anon). I detach with love. And I live my life.

I would be lying if I said hat it never hurts...it does. But I work hard to concentrate on my own behaviors and those things that I can control. And I know that I could not do it without a higher power. I pray and give it over to my HP.

I use a lot of tools that I have acquired over the years and generally speaking, I am happy.

It's very hard to watch this disease take control of our loved ones. It is a family disease. My part is to work very hard at being healthy.....emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. That is the best way that I am able to help my son as well as all of the other healthy members of my family.

I see that you are new to SR. Welcome. There is a lot of collective wisdom on this forum. You are not alone.

gentle hugs
ke