Thread: Good stuff.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
markinsf

I guess for me it was different. I did a self tapering approach as I had been pounding down 750 ml of booze per day and couldn't just quit cold turkey. So during the last 5 days of my drinking career I was taking the drinks strictly as medicine and not for the effect. My last drink was somewhat unspectacular as it was a 1/2 oz shot taken to knock down a spike in my bp as that was something I was monitoring very closely during my tapering off. Who knows.

I have a lot of work learning some of the devious methods of my AV. Yesterday it just did an all out attack which was easy enough to identify. My problem was that I got into a discussion with it - a mistake I won't make again. What I did find was that to finally beat it back I had to recite my Big Plan several times to shut down my AV. So in that regards, at least for me, having the Big Plan was invaluable. I had it to fall back on as I sure wasn't winning the argument with my AV prior to that. The lesson of course is don't get into an argument with AV.

sf # San Franciso. Though I have been there several times and it is a wonderful place to visit, it would not be my first choice of a place to live. I'm a small town guy and always will be.

(edited for typos)