View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pamel

Originally Posted by SullyS View Post
Five months is an awesome achievement and I know you can do it again!

Don't throw in the towel because of a little slip, let it motivate you to put into action the program of AA or whatever fellowship you feel is for you.

My only recommendation, and take it or leave it, is to take that action now and get a sponsor and start with the steps.You are right that god will help you do what you cannot do for yourself but you have a part in that which is doing the steps so you can develop a conscious contact with god.
While I agree with Sully, I don't believe there is any such thing as a little slip; once one has a relapse, it is a big wakeup call that there may be many more out there. How I wish I had stayed sober that very first time.

I have had, inn the 38 years since I have been dealing with my addiction, more relapses than I can count followed by thankfully, lots of sobriety. BUT this last relapse 3 months ago caused disasters I could only have imagined in my life. I am on my 11th day back, but this will be a journey for me without a doubt. Complacency has always been my enemy; I am putting my all into this recovery (mostly through AA) but also using SMART and everything else...

I am glad for you having a sober day today!