Thread: Dog Ownership
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by justtired View Post
Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have regular kids, just the furry ones, so they mean the world to me. I'm the one who did everything. Bought the food, took them to the vet, walks, baths, city registration. I'll have to look for documentation. I'm sure I didn't keep receipts for food etc., but vet records should show and the city registration. My neighbors could vouch that I was always the one who took them out. They saw me out with them every day. My XABF is addicted to prescription meds... his own prescribed meds.. so I don't think he'll be afraid to call the cops. I hate all the drama, and look forward to not having to deal with him anymore! But... I will fight for my babies.
I don't have any kids either and my dog and my cat are my children.. My ex could have cared less about my dog.. Sure he loved her but he never walked her, fed her, paid her vet bills or even went to the vet with me.. All he did was shut himself up in his bedroom all day and ignored her.. If you can find the vet records to where you have paid for her care and the city registration, I wouldn't worry too much about it.. Anyone can buy a dog but it doesn't mean that they are a responsible owner...