View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Saskia

Good morning, Mayans!

FP, I hope the pace of your work slows down a little. I'm so happy for you that you have the orchestra! What a great relaxation from the stresses of work that must be! So often we think that relaxation means inactivity but I think that doing something different that we love is much better.

SoberJane, so sorry you couldn't make it to your friend's funeral. Dee said it so beautifully. So happy to hear you are staying sober and it's great to have you back here regularly. Not surprisingly our band of Mayans has been shrinking over time as people feel more secure in their sobriety. I think it's healthy for them to move on when they feel it's time. For me, it's great to see familiar "faces" every day :-)

Tanja, sorry to hear you are having bad dreams every night. Could be PAWS or could be something else. I have non-alcoholic friends who have them, too. They can be so very disturbing.

Jeni, I'm so happy that you are staying strong in the midst of family crisis, though not surprised. You find the strength to do what you need to do when the time is right.

Dee, one of the things I appreciate so much is your ability to say so much in very few words. As I thought about that, I realized that for what you do as a moderator, it's probably a necessary skill or your fingers would be worn out .

OLL, last day of the work week for you! I hope you have a relaxing weekend. I hope it's as sunny where you are as it is here :-)

Em, Kitty, Rock buddy, Lee and everyone else, have a lovely day!

AFM, I'm very much enjoying the sober life. I marked my most recent Day 1 in my calendar but am not counting. Each day is unique and for me that way of thinking weighs less heavily. The rare occasion when I'm tempted I mentally run through my reasons for not drinking and I start an activity that keeps my mind occupied. I've also stopped thinking that "someday" I might be able to drink moderately. I can't. That seems to work for me.

Xoxo
Sassy