View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
PreciousKitty

Originally Posted by wino1234 View Post
almost 24 hours. my hands have stopped trembling. Have to stay at work for a couple more hours, then go home let the dogs out and sleep. I get so anxious to even think about sleeping, but since I worked almost 14 hours, hopefully I will just crash. I am just trying to take it one minute at a time. I dont like this day 1 feeling. Thank you everyone for your support. I want to and need to do this. I keep syaing to myself if I drink (even to feel better) i am slowly killing myself. I will not let this disease take over anymore of my life. I need to find a therapist. How do I know if they are good? What do I say when I call. Feels uncomfortable, i guess that is why I havent done it yet. Any suggestions.
Wino, Have you ever tried AA. It is very welcoming. Don't be afraid. Easier said than done. I am afraid to do all sorts of things. But Wino that is what holds us back. Most alcoholics are full of fear.

It may take going to a few therapists to get one you click with. Whatever you do, if you don't click with the first one, don't assume you won't click with others.