View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
chainsaw4618

Hey 0%. Glad you found your way here. I'm Day44 now. I'd probably be a craft beer fan also, but I live in the middle of nowhere and that stuff is really just not available. I'm definitely a beer guy. I'm not into hard liquor or wine, I just drink more beer. Nothing better than a couple days alone at home with a 30-pack of cheap beer. Throw in a few grilled cheese sandwiches and you're living the high life. I've stopped numerous times. Like you I've awakened from a bender and sworn myself to a good life. Maybe a few days, a week, then I have "a little celebration". This is a relentless condition, yes, disease. I have little hope really, but I'm staying here at SR trying to stay focused on my addiction every day. I hope you can stick with it also. Think of the 4month sobriety period you made last year! I've never gone that long. Maybe we can do it. The key I think is to just stay focused on resolve and to constantly tell ourselves that we must never have even that one little beer. It's all downhill from that first one. The first one is the key.