Thread: uh-oh.
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
melivinsober

uh-oh.

I used to drink a lot at my old job. It was a restaraunt with a decent sized bar. So naturally when we were done with work (and usually while we were still cleaning up) we would have a drink. My work buddies were pretty good at helping me ignore my instincts that I shouldn't drink, and sometimes convincing me a second drink was a good idea.

When I decided to quit drinking for good (18 days ago I deleted the numbers of my so-called "friends." I enjoyed spending time with them, but they weren't good for me. :/ I also stopped visiting my work and I even make sure I don't drive passed it.

Last night was a long and tiring night at work.
I thought I was turning down the street that my old job isn't on, but it was dark, I was tired, and I turned instead on the street it IS on.

I kept going past it thinking "don't look, don't look" and I found myself cranning my head to see who was there. I used to do this to decide if I would stop by or not.

No one was there thank goodness. I don't know if I would have kept driving or gone in. :/ that's what bothers me.

*sigh* old habits are hard to kick.