View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
PreciousKitty

Originally Posted by goldiilocks View Post
I am trying to decide if I need to go to rehab or not. I have had a falling out with my spouse (because of my drinking), and I am wondering if rehab is the right decision. I think I might need to go away for a while in order to actually stop drinking. I have lost just about everything this last year due to my addiction, and I cant seem to stay stopped.

I guess what I am looking for people with some insight on this subject. Maybe some of you have had an experience with rehab that you would be kind enough to share? I don't know if I would be able to get sober through only AA, as I also have a history of depression and it runs in my family. I really do want to quit, but I am extremely depressed at the moment due to circumstances out side of my control. I generally feel trapped, as the only thing that makes me feel better (or not feel at all actually) is alcohol. I was prescribed anti depressants last year but they made it worse and I reacted really strangely to them.

How do I know if rehab is the right decision for me? I am not sure if I really have any other option at this point, I just don't want my professional reputation to be ruined in the future because of rehab.
It was the best decision I have made. I couldn't have done it any other way. It sounds like a very good option. If you can do it - then I say go. Do something Goldilocks - Good Luck!