View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Hi, everyone...

Noticed a few more comments on this thread, so I figured I'd give everyone an update.

Last Wednesday, I submited my application for graduation for this May. And after going through it with our registrar's office and getting their OK, my academic advisor and department head signed and approved my application.

After tomorrow, I have eight weeks left, but it's going to be a crazy eight weeks. Next Wednesday, we have our first exam for advanced signal processing. And while the mathematics in this course isn't off the hook crazy, it's still pretty intense in terms of the bookkeeping.

For advanced electromagnetics, that math is off the hook. It's a lot of multidimensional calculus, vector calculus, and doing stuff I don't do too often in my day job. But, I'm doing decent on that front, too.

Graduate school is like anything hard. You break it down into chunks and don't look too far into the future. Right now, I just need to get through this week and next, and then I'm on spring break for a week.

So, I appreciate the kind words and encouragement very much. And I hope you're all well, too.

Best,
ZoSo