View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bunny44
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Hello everyone, checking in. I started a new job yesterday so I'm full in on that right now. Today I'm DAY 14! Woo Hoo!

I see the new people and can tell you that 2 short weeks ago I was sweating and vomiting after a week long bender/blackout where I somehow was caring for my 3 children while my husband was away. We all have this voice telling us drinking is a good idea. Drinking is something we need- can't live without. Drinking is fun. Drinking makes us better people. It is all lies. "The Beast" is an accurate name for the voice as it is the Satan side of us sitting happily aside watching us poison ourselves to death.

Somehow I woke up from this lifelong spell. For years I kinda wanted to magically stop or have my life amazingly be better. Recently, maybe though the sorrow in my children's eyes, I know there is NOTHING alcohol can do to better my life. Not one thing can it offer me but pain. I no longer will allow it to hurt me. I will no longer forgive it for beating me up. I choose to leave this horrible relationship on my terms, now.

You can too!

xxoo