View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hanna

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post

This is a very good point and I never thought of that before, so thanks!

Care to share some suggestions?

I struggle with this too. I feel the pressure building up all day so I can hardly focus and without booze and pills to take the edge off, I'm not sure what else do to. I've been going to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and take a walk. I feel safer at 6am than I am at 9pm.
Some ideas:
Anything physical- a walk or a run or a trip to the gym.
The sauna at the gym is my new favorite place. I can block the world out there and it's so easy to clear my brain.
Stretching
Have you ever meditated?
Stress relief excercises for the brain - I like the bear one. Will see if I can find it and post it.
Watch a clock with a minute hand for one minute, focusing on nothing but the moving of the hand while breathing deeply. After one minute things tend to look different.
Hot shower or bath.
Put on your favorite high energy song and dance around like a crazy person.
For me- vacuum! I love it lately for some crazy reason.
Mom's favorite- do a good deed for someone that needs it.
Go to the grocery and smile brightly at everyone you see. Smile like you never had a problem in the world. Or like a a complete goofball. There is at least one person that it will help greatly (besides yourself). There is scientific evidence that smiling actually improves your mood.

Or try Melody Beatty's miracle maker.
Make a list titled "I am grateful" and write down all the bad stuff you dealt with today. You can put the good stuff, too. It sounds crazy but boy does this work for me when I do it daily.