View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lightfollower
back on the red road

starting over again

Hello Everyone! I am here to become sober again. I'm addicted to alcohol and marijuana. I really should say I'm addicted to fleeing this world mentally thru the use of substances. I became sober once before using this website then I got comfortable thinking I could control it. I've been drinking again for about 6 months and smoking for 3. My circumstances are different this time. The first time I quit it was because I would binge drink and blackout. I would then wake up and find out that I'd hurt people's feelings with the things I did or said yet I didn't remember a thing. The feeling of not knowing what I did was a horrible one and led me here to recovery. This time I'm quitting because I want to be strong enough to handle this world sober. I want to find other ways to control my stress and emotions other than substances. I need to break this cycle. I feel like it's making me cloudy in the head and I want to think clearly at all times. There are so many things I want to do and I need a clear mind to plan them and work the hours needed to make them happen. I've been doing this for too long and it's time for a change.