Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
deeker

The Guilt I have today is nothing like the past!

I'm not feeling all that happy, useful and whole today.lol

I'm not sad or anything and I rarely ever am since I have gotten sober , I am just takin it easy today, feeling kinda lazy, it's a cold day in Florida .

But that is ok because I am sober . I am kinda sleepy today and kicking back .

But I can tell you this, I did not wake up craving a drink and that is a miracle .

I actually feel really guilty when I am not doing something useful or helpful .

But it is not the kind of guilt I lugged around when I was drinking .

The guilt I had when I was drinking was a guilt that I knew would just keep on giving and no matter how hard I tried to change and not drink I could not do it on my own .

And I just kept racking up more guilt and more to my horrendnous acoholic story .

Today it's ok to be a slouch once in awhile . I didn't hurt anyone today .

Considering I could undoubtedly be sitting in a psych ward, detox center or jail cell,

All of which I have frequented many times .

Well, the day actually just got better with that thought lol .

I know tomorrow I will be back in full gear and actually have the ability unlike a yr ago, to be of service to others, take care of my responsibilties and do what I need to do .

Now if I let up on my daily maintenance of my own program today I need to be worried about that as I am and will always be an alcoholic and I need to do a few simple things daily to stay spiritually fit so as not to want to drink .

I made contact with my higher power. I read a little literature today, 1 online meeting and spoke to another alkie . Did a little service work .

I feel confident that I will not drink today .

But today was a day when I put forth the bare minimum .

The more effort I put forth in my recovery, the better days I have and the more joy and peace I feel .

Today I feel joy most days. I am available for the people who need me, I remembered it was Valentine's day over a week ago. That is a miracle .

In the past I would be running round the next day buying candy on sale because I forgot and feeling like a real jerk(More guilt) .

Today I don't have to live that way anymore if I follow a few suggestions .

Pray, meetings, steps with sponsor, literature, service work .

Happy to be alive today. Thanks