View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
bounced

Originally Posted by LizG View Post
Day 20! First test passed last night -- went to the opera (bought the ticket back in November) where I normally would have had a glass or two of wine with pre-show dinner, another glass at the opera house before the performance, another during 1st intermission and yet another during 2nd intermission ... 'enjoyed a coffee and delish brie sandwich at the venue instead. It's embarrassing to admit that I didn't even know they served food!
Welcome LizG

We absolutely love the opera. I never thought I would but a friend of ours was front of house at the Opera House in Covent Garden, London and the staff there used to get a seating allocation to give away for the full dress rehearsals (they wanted to get a full audience feed back before the first night) so we were forever getting calls to see if we wanted to go to the opera or the ballet for free. We saw so many beautiful performances that we never would have been able to pay to see. So fortunate!! Plus the dress rehearsals were usually at 11am so the bar was never so much of a problem.

Congratulations on 20 days.