View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Good morning Class,

Just checking in
Dorris: Your post is not miserable, we cannot be chirpy all the time (God knows I m not). I know that ALL posts help me one way or another. I had a very bad break up a bit over a year ago with someone I truly loved and who betrayed me terribly. He was my best friend, my colleague and my lover. I was not drunk per se when I retaliated but I was not working the program anymore and was drinking.
While he did deserve to have his a$$ kicked, I have regrets now...we are not on speaking terms and I know that if I had maintained my sobriety and ketp going to meetings, I probably would have dealt with the pain and resulting resentment in a different manner.
I am not stressing it out too much though....I ll have ample time to address it when I do my 4 th step and 9 is way down the line LOL.
All I can say is hang in there and things will fall in place sooner or later.
HalfVictory: I have had a couple of runs in withthe AVs and found that putting their nonsense in writing then debunking it in writing too is really helpful. I go back to my notebook daily.

So where am I at today? Yesterday late at night, I had a sudden though for a beer but was able to get back to my note book and ride it out...I did not pick up.
I slept 12 hours last night (I have been feeling exhausted and sleep a lot) and woke up feeling as if I was high..serious for one minute I got scared, thought that maybe I had picked up and blacked out...but nope. Just woke up feeling stoned. It disappeared after a few cups of coffee.
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced that before? Waking up feeling high even though you are sober? It never happened to me.
I am heading for my home group in a few.
Wishing everyone a good and sober week end.