Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CircusInTown

Thank you all for listening and giving me enough thoughts to enforce the fact that there is a serious problem.

I feel that there is something going on but I don't know what it is. It could be something he found out and doesn't want to share it. It could be work related also. One time he lost a job and for 2 weeks left and came home each day without telling me.

He went on a two day trip and came back with more liquor. As soon as he got home he started drinking.

I've read the 12 steps but he does not believe in a higher power. I know he has to realize HE has a serious problem going on. All I can do is live as normal as I can in an abnormal situation until I am able to do something about it. It really hurts Aries. It hurts because I have asked him what is going on and he transfers blame to me for everything that doesn't go right in his life. I've did nothing and I want to be careful so as to not make up excuses for his drinking excessively.

When I was a child I felt overwhelmed from an early age. My dad was an alcoholic. I was too young to know what was wrong but I naturally knew it wasn't normal behavior. He kept us up nights, talked and cursed and I was scared. I don't think my mom, who became a co-dependent, ever wanted to acknowledge what he did to me and my sister.
I have no children with this man. My children are adults and his are far away. So that is a good thing.

Well, I will come back here again, thank you all again.