View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
773niki

Meeting Fatigue? Honeymoon is over?

Hi friends,
I'm 111 days sober - yay! I embraced AA this time around and did 90 meetings in 90 days and got a sponsor and had a very firm program in place because I've tried for YEARS to get sober on my own and it never worked.

Once I completed my 90, I felt incredible. I never thought I could do it because I started out not liking meetings and I didn't even like AA. But it grew on me. Today marks my longest sobriety time since I was probably 13 and I'm 31. I still feel amazing and don't want or think about drinking, but I'm making up excuses - I haven't been to a meeting in a week! My therapist says I'm flirting with a relapse. Self-sabatoge.

I just am having problems getting back into the swing of things. I'm also unemployed (my job laid me off due to my alcoholism hospitalization) and I'm just kinda in a rut. I know I have to go but I'm getting this mentality that I'm not thinking about drinking so who cares - I don't have to go, but I KNOW this is a mid set that needs to be proactively dealt with. I know that answer to my issue - just wondering if anyone else feels this way...