View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
outonalimb

It took me a long time to really figure out just how effected I was by the disease of alcoholism. I wasn't the one drinking but I was physically, emotionally and spiritually effected by it. I guess that's why they say alcoholism is a 'family disease'. It doesn't just effect the one drinking...it effects everyone who loves them.

For me, recovery means figuring out just how I was affected and working to heal myself as best as I can. It's honestly like peeling an onion. There are so many layers of healing for me to focus on. Recovery for me means doing the best I can to work a solid al anon program which includes alot of prayer and meditation to heal my spirit. Getting caught up with missed doctors appointments and screenings, working out regularly, and doing yoga is helping me to heal physically. I suffer from alot of anxiety and maybe even PTSD. I'm going to start counseling soon to address these issues as well. Honestly, it feels like a full-time job sometimes!! But I feel ssssoooooooo much better than I did before. All the work is worth it.

And here I thought all my problem would be solved if my exah just quit drinking! Ha! Good one!!:rotfxko