View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hanna

Originally Posted by ninja07 View Post
I have broken up with my boyfriend. I didn’t want to but he is an alcoholic and he assaulted me the other night. He was drunk and we argued and I should have walked away but I didn’t. I dumped out his beer. I have cuts and bruises; he spent the night in jail. Right now, I am living in his house and he is in a hotel. I hate alcohol; it brings out the stupid, the angry, the hate and fear in people. And not just in the drinker, in the enabler as well – that’s me. This was not the first alcohol fueled fight, there were many and this was not the first time that he hit me. I stayed because he was great when he was sober… raise your hand if you’ve heard that before. I stayed because I am just as addicted to him as he is to his booze. I need to be free of the fear, self-loathing and anxiety that the alcohol brings into my life. In my head, I keep thinking that he’ll get better. I keep that thought in the rawest part of my heart so I can push it and pick at it like a fingernail that’s falling off but is still attached by a thick band of red, sticky flesh. I imagine it all so clearly; he gets clean, goes through a lot of soul searching and therapy and is free of his demons. Yeah, then we live the dreams that we made together while he was sober. He says that I should stay here with my son and he'll get another place for now. I don't know what to do!
Ninja Welcome to Sober Recovery. Glad you are here but so sorry for all that you are going through right now. It sounds like you could really some support from the SR Friends and Family community. Want to make your own thread for this? You can just copy and paste what you have here into a new thread and you'll me amazed at the help that will come along for you.

Peace,
Hanna