View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pianogirl1193

You sound like me one week ago today!! My bf had been sober but recently has been relapsing and finally last wednesday when he did it again and lied about it (ditched me to get high), I said enough is enough. It was the hardest thing i've ever done.

For me it's literally only been a week but it's already getting better. The first 2 or 3 days were the worst. You did the right thing for yourself. You do know that right? You can't fix him. You have some great things going for you (i'm in nursing school also ) and you don't deserve to be lied to like that. You deserve to be loved and respected and honored. I know this is tough. Try to just think of it as some time for you to work on yourself and him to work on himself. You are right, he did need consequences... otherwise by staying with him you are just saying that what he did was okay. and it isn't.

Try to keep some space... I would say definitely no contact but for me that has been extremely hard so I understand that struggle. But no talking would be best. Give him some time to think about what he wants. Right now you need to focus on yourself. If he chooses to get clean and sober in the future, you can always reevaluate...but for now, STAY STRONG!!!!!!!! I believe in you and am right here with you, cheering you on!

ps, i would really recommend going to some alanon meetings or at least doing some reading on it or codependency! it is helpful to know that you are not alone.