View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
mydee19
mydee

Hey Seiceps,

Sounded like a semi horrid day for you especially so raw into recovery... Don't discount that you did a realllllly good job by not picking up that drink despite you really wanting to. Pat yourself on the back my dear cause for an alcoholic, that's huge. I'm proud of you.

The problem with us is our minds are never quiet; we can't sleep because of it (at least this is what I feel you are trying to tell me), I used various methods to wind down after a day especially when the only thing in my mind is to drink. Walking helped me loads, writing down what I was feeling and thinking helped, Going to the bookstore and just losing myself in music and books and if you like animals, go to a pound or a shelter and make nice with the cats and dogs (they are so innocent and good shrinks by pure touch )

I did things like that, any thing really except pick up a drink... Most importantly, you know you have a huge support system here, keep close to people at SR as they know exactly what you are going through.

Stay safe and take care, smile, life is good if you let it

Lots of love,
Mydee