View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Hi Seiceps, thanks for your note and I think you are very brave as well as funny! We are the same age and sounds like we have gone through similar with our partners (although when mine decided he needed "space" I eventually let him have it on a permanent basis since his approach to helping me recover was to ridicule me non-stop and remind me constantly of how many times I had screwed up). Your partner sounds more supportive so I truly do hope it works out for you. The fact that you're doing this and also being a full-time Mum is very brave---I don't have kids and don't know if I could do what you're doing with the sense of humour you have. Thanks for the suggestions on the libravox---will definitely check it out as I love to listen to books, etc., at night. Also, Melatonin helped me but I had to go through several different brands before I found the right one. I also found that I had to play with the dosages (they come in 1, 3, and 6mg in the States do don't know about NZ) until I figured out that 4.5mg was the right one for me. Anyway, it didn't "cure" my insomnia or anxiety-related nights but it certainly took the edge off and also helped establish a sleeping schedule that wasn't solely based on alcohol intake/output. Maybe will work for you too? Can't hurt to try. Hope all is well with you today/tonight and thank you for your posts! Please keep in touch! x