View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Hi Seiceps. I wanted to thank you for your post. I am back to Day One again myself after relapsing and when I read your post about wetting the bed, I smiled. Not because I think it is funny but because I had the same thing happen to me multiple times in my previous relationship. Even though we were both drinkers, that seemed to be the "bridge too far" and my ex walked out on me because of it after spending a good deal of time ridiculing me. I was so horribly humiliated that I never told anyone about it because I thought it was only me. Yes, I know people get loaded and wet the bed but when it happens to you it is particularly mortifying. Especially when you're in a sexual relationship with the person you peed on. It didn't stop me from drinking back then but remembering it is helping me to not restart drinking again tonight. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that this happened to me too and reading your post made me feel just a little bit less awful about my big "secret." Thank you.