View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ChooseSobriety

Sobriety

Hello Felix,

We are glad that you're here, welcome. A big cudos to you on your choice to stop drinking.

I can most definitely relate for I drank for over 20 years and I quit cold turkey as well on July 20, 1997.

I did love my beer, it was my drug of "Choice". You will most likely hear that statement again. If you drank like me then you have made the most important choice of your life.

In a nutshell, the most important thing that I discovered after quitting is that I did not have any coping skills...period!!

I was full of emotions as most are and I didn't have a clue on how to process my feelings.

Is this discovery period easy? No! Does it take at times every bit of courage and willpower that you can find within yourself? Yes!

Can you quit drinking? Yes! You already have

Its nice that you have a loving partner that supports your choice to quit drinking and begin the journey of discovering a part of yourself that you most likely are not very familiar with.

It has taken you over 20 years to make these habitual compulsive choices that have brought you to where you are now. It will most likely take you a little time to relearn some new habits.

Congratulations to you for having the courage to ask for help, be grateful!!

Laughter always helps me when I get to wrapped up in my stuff.

Love,

CS