View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Devushka25

Congrats on your recovery so far!!! That's so awesome!

Honestly, I don't think my advice will be very "fun" advice but I would say to keep waiting. I sort of look at addictions like bad or abusive relationships. They say when you break up with someone, it should take roughly half the amount of time you were with them to be truly over them, even if you start a new relationship with someone else.
Now, I'm not saying you should wait 2.5 years (half your addiction time) before finding a gf. But definitely give yourself more time than you have. Good relationships take a lot of work and can be mentally taxing at times. You want to be not only in a good place mentally but be really strong in that place before you embark on a relationship.

If you're lonely how bout start by just making a new friend? See how it goes nurturing a friendship with someone. And when you've mastered that, move onto romantic relationships? If you're not looking for a serious relationship but just casual female companionship then date around but keep it light.

I would suggest looking up classes, events, volunteer opportunities in your area that interest you. You'll meet ppl with similar interests and if you don't, atleast u did something with your time you'll feel good about.