Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Intrepid

I'm sorry that you are going through this, and that you are stuck in this situation with so few options. It sounds like you need to figure out a way to move out of your mom's house ASAP. I know finding a job is easier said than done. Can you work as a server, or do house cleaning...something, anything to earn enough to rent a room somewhere away from your mother?

The only other solution that I can come up with is to revise the contract with your mom. Instead of making it focused on recovery, maybe it needs to be a "business only" contract. She essentially rents space in her house to you in exchange for certain duties (driving her places, running errands, cooking, cleaning, or whatever is agreeable to you both). Then there needs to be an agreement to leave each other alone in every other respect. It sounds like it could be a mutually beneficial arrangement since she isn't able to drive herself places. That's the best alternative that I can come up with if you have no place else to go. Once you have a business only contract in place, then you need to work on keeping emotion out of it, even if she becomes emotional. Just stay calm, and stick to your agreement. Good luck to you....sounds like a tough situation.