View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
Rock on, G
Oh, I'm just having fun. This whole sobriety thing can get so serious and maudlin at times, I just gotta bust out with some sillyness once and a while.

P.S, Clearlight, I do like some metal--but not all Metal. I'm not really a metal head, I'm a GOOD MUSIC HEAD. That pretty much means that I don't care what genre it's in if it's good, it's good. I guess that's pretty subjective, but I've been into music since I was a high school lass when I discovered the College radio station in Santa Barbara. I fell in love with Joy Division and the Ramones and the rest is history. I like Baroque acapella and Opera too, so go figure.

IN any case, I went out on the mountain on my bike for the first time since November, so I'm feeling high on life right now. My work at the gym is paying off. I made it up a steep technical section that I'm sure wouldn't have been able to pull off 3 months ago. I'm starting to ROCK IT out there. I just need a little more work...but it's coming.

I've had so many threads and posts dealing with the hard, scary, uncomfortable and sad parts of this journey, I thought I'd just post some good times here too, just to show that it ain't all bad. I'm sure there will be some more bad, but I'm not going to dwell on that right now.

One of the topics at the women's meeting was "gratitude." Now granted, I am cynical gal, and really, gratitude junkies that seem like they drank the A.A. cool-aid kind of drive me bonkers. However, here's what I'm grateful for:

This website and the people on it.
My beautiful boy,
The amazing part of the world I live in
The funky town that I finally live in after 5 years of pining to live here.
The fact that I can get on my mountain bike, ride, um, 1 block, be in the community forest that has all kinds of amazing trails, and up the mountain in a half an hour.

Peace!
Cheers SR friends.