Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
i know those two lines , The first one i just have to remember No means No and there is no forget it , I would'nt say yes and forget about it to someone who bops me on the head and takes my wallet time and time again (something alcohol has done a lot) .

Very true. I've been mugging myself for years!

I like the line - I recognise, therefore, I abstain.

The second part i bombarded with logic , i might say i can't take it anymore ..
Where is the evidence ? There was no physical evedence i couldn't take the voice anymore the "i can't take it anymore" was part of the madness, so i called myself on it and with clarity i dismissed it and just sat comfortably listening to the radio or reading and waited it out .
The big fight took about a week and since then has reduced to nothing , if it comes back i can deal with it , i have endless patience in my resolve to stay sober , it dosn't .

Bestwishes, M
I like this. I've never thought about it like that. Yes show me the evidence AV, seeing as you are SO right. Prove it. Show me the evidence that I can't get through this. Tough guy! Lol Hmmmm that said, it did time and time again that I gave in and headed out for that drink.

Clarity of thought and mindfulness (is it mindfullness?) Is going to help me a lot now I believe. I always knew that if I could just take myself off to bed for 20 minutes, a power nap, that the feelings would be gone. Obviously not always possible, but I didn't know of any other way to deal with clearing my mind.

I've had a super day today and have downloaded a James Patterson 'novel' for some takes no thought reading. I'm looking forward to my bed tonight