View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Hey check this out folks:

Last week I went to my home group meeting, and I sitting next to this older/hipster/Scottish gentlemen, and he was telling me how rough it was when he quit drinking because a musician in rock band. So I tell that I play a bit of music myself, and he points out a woman across the room and says, "You should here her play and sing sometime, she plays around a lot." That night, I didn't talk to her about it--however, I saw her at the next women's meeting in town, and the subject came up. Turns out she's getting together with another newly sober girl who wants to learn how to play guitar. Of course I asked if I could jump in the group, and she said heck yeah!

So, now I'm going to get to play music with some sober ladies, and I don't have to worry about playing music as an either or thing. HOW cool is that? She told me she has been performing on stage all her life. So, here I am, a chick with a big voice and a guitar, but since adult hood, the thought of getting up in front of people to play/sing terrifies me to the core. So I'm hoping maybe I've found a mentor in this dept. Maybe I shouldn't count chickens before their hatched, as disappointment sucks. However, I'm pretty stoked on the possibility...!

Cheers